Like you wouldn’t want a loved one to stink or have skin problems, the best dog shampoo will keep your dog clean and protect his skin against bacterias and blood-sucking fleas.
We love our dogs, and using only the best dog shampoo is the first step in caring for them.
Fleas are small, parasitic insects that feed by sucking blood from mammals and birds.
With that in mind, it’s important to ensure that your dog is regularly and thoroughly cleaned. Fortunately, there are plenty of good dog and puppy shampoos available online, and here are the top 5 vet’s approved shampoos to consider.
Best Dog Shampoos Review
There are plenty of reasons to like this amazing shampoo for dogs. First, it’s an organic dog shampoo that offers the best moisturizing qualities you can ask for. Thus, it has become one of the best dog shampoos for every dog with sensitive skin!
Believe it or not, the 4-Legger is one of the few dog shampoos that managed to get a certification of organic food standards. This gives you the assurance that it contains nothing, but the safest and quality natural ingredients you can ever find, such as:
- Coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil: Great for moisturizing both the skin and coat.
- Aloe Vera: Soothes itching and alleviates dry skin. Also, it will leave the dog’s coat silky, without stripping the natural oils.
- Lemongrass essential oil and rosemary essential oil: Natural flea deterrents
It doesn’t have any parabens, MEA, DEA, DMDM, PEG, alcohol, hydantoin, sulfates, colors, and artificial fragrances.
- It’s perfect for those with sensitive skin, and it’s packed with a lot of natural moisturizers that easily heal the skin and coat without taking away the natural oils. In fact, there’s even anecdotal evidence saying that it’s highly recommended for dogs who suffer from dermatitis.
- It’s 100% vegan, and rest assured that it has never been tested on animals, and the packaging is biodegradable. Most importantly, it’s made in the US. The makers of this product want to ensure that they’ll only deliver safe and non-toxic products that won’t harm anyone’s pets.
- It’s very gentle on the skin, that it can be used for all skin types and age, considering the fact that it’s also hypoallergenic.
- It’s recommended by groomers and veterinarians to use on pets of all ages– whether it’s a puppy or a senior dog.
There are some who don’t like the viscosity of this dog shampoo since it’s thinner than most dog shampoos available. You should be very careful when pouring it into your palm, or you’ll end up getting more than what you really need.
Why Recommend It?
It’s hypoallergenic and specifically made for those with sensitive skin.
Overall, the 4-Legger Certified Organic All Natural Dog Shampoo has a wonderful smell, great for keeping those pesky fleas and ticks away, and best of all, it’s all-natural and safe.
A bottle of Vet’s best hypoallergenic shampoo has been a favorite of several pet owners, mainly because it’s perfectly formulated for dogs with sensitive skin, especially those who suffer from allergies on a constant basis.
Not just that, it also helps in retaining the moisture to your dog’s coats, and its ‘no-tear’ formula, indicates that bath time with your dog shouldn’t even be a daunting task at all.
The main ingredients present in this shampoo are:
- Panthenol: Derived from vitamin B, and is best known for moisturizing, boosting and thickening the fur. Not just that, its molecular structure allows it to attract molecules, that it also gives the hair a smooth film over cuticles, giving it a radiant glow.
- Allantoin- Eliminates dandruff and can also be used to treat scalp psoriasis, seborrhea, and the like.
- Vitamin E and Aloe Vera: Moisturizes the skin
- The Vet’s Best Hypoallergenic Shampoo is hypoallergenic and specifically designed to deeply cleanse the hair while re-moisturizing the skin at the same time. Thus, it can alleviate itching and restore those brittle coats, making it more lustrous than before.
- There’s no presence of soap, allowing your dog to enjoy bath time without getting teary.
- Perfect for those who are under any form of tick or flea treatments, because it doesn’t interfere with the ointment used.
- Some owners have noticed lesser hair shedding after a few month’s uses of this shampoo– something they didn’t even expect.
- Since it makes the hair very smooth, more often than not, there’s no need to apply conditioner afterward.
Truth be told, it’s quite difficult to work this shampoo into a soapy lather because of its runny consistency. Also, since it’s hypoallergenic, the shampoo doesn’t have any scent at all. However, other pet owners who have tried this product claim that there’s a whiff of a neutral smell.
Should We Recommend It?
So far, we see this shampoo as something that’s very simple– no-frills or anything.
Also, it’s good for one’s purse, allowing you to clean your dog effectively, and having the confidence that his fur would be able to restore its moisture once again.
Not just that, just like what has been mentioned earlier, since it’s a no-tears formula, your dog won’t be traumatized whenever he needs to take a bath.
A bottle of Earthbath All Natural Mango Tango Shampoo and Conditioner is one of the great variants being offered by the Earthbath brand, and there’s definitely a lot of reasons why it managed to snag a spot in our list of the best shampoos for dogs.
Let’s start with the ingredients; these are just some of the ingredients present in every bottle of Earthbath shampoo.
- Purified water
- Aloe Vera and Oatmeal Extracts: Guarantees full protection from itchiness caused by dander, promotes quick healing and moisturizes the skin too.
- Vanilla and Almond Oils: This combo will leave your adorable pet smelling as nice as she looks.
- It doesn’t contain any strong perfume smell and the ingredients used in this product are really great as well. Those who avoid chemicals as much as they can feel good about using this one since it’s all-natural.
- You wouldn’t notice any residue on your pet’s coat, but you’ll see that it has become shinier and cleaner after a few washes. It’s also easier to rinse as compared to other products.
- It doesn’t contain SLES/SLS, enzymes, phthalates, artificial dyes, parabens, soap, perfume, and gluten. Thus, it’s safe for your dog’s skin.
- Since it’s all-natural, you’ll feel at ease knowing that it’s very gentle for your dog’s sensitive skin, but would still be able to perform a thorough cleaning, as well as conditioning.
- The conditioner present in this 2-in-1 shampoo easily detangles the fur, softens, and makes it shinier. The effects are long-lasting.
- The scent isn’t that strong, but definitely refreshing.
- It can be used by those who are under any form of topical flea treatments.
- It’s 100% vegan, and the packaging is biodegradable.
- After a few uses, you’ll start noticing visible results, especially if your dog used to be an obsessive scratcher– you’ll be amazed that he won’t do that as often anymore. This only implies that the possible reason why he scratched a lot is because of allergies or fungal infection.
- It lathers quite easily and can be rinsed out in just a few washes.
If your dog is suffering from any skin or hair problems, it’s advisable to look elsewhere, because this one doesn’t really specialize in those areas.
Should We Recommend It?
Earthbath All Natural Mango Tango Shampoo and Conditioner is definitely gentle for your loved ones, and it gives you all the benefits you need in a dog shampoo– it’s all-natural, tear-free, and packed with some of the best ingredients perfect for sensitive skin.
The Oxford Organic Oatmeal Dog Shampoo & Conditioner is one of the highest-rated dog shampoos on Amazon with an average rating of 4.8 stars after more than 700 customer reviews.
The reason why it has become very popular with dog owners is that it has a wonderful smell and is packed with several great features thast a lot of pet owners are always looking for.
To support that, it has a 100% Natural 20 ounce medicated clinical vet formula wash made from Aloe Vera extract that it can soothe dry and itchy scalp and it can be used on any pet, no matter what his breed is.
It’s also an eco-friendly and USDA certified organic shampoo that gives the assurance that your pet will be able to enjoy the best possible skincare available in the market.
The tear-free formula will make you feel at ease knowing that the shampoo you’re using isn’t hurting your lovable pet’s eyes.
Certified organic, only natural ingredients are present in this shampoo, such as:
- Aloe Vera, coconut oils, and jojoba oils: Relieve pain and itchy skin that’s often caused by dryness, dander, or fleas.
- Oatmeal, shea butter, and rosemary: These three ingredients are combined together to improve the smoothness of the hair, and moisturize even the most brittle hair type. It gives a guarantee that your pet’s coat will be clean, smooth, and best of all, odor-free.
What’s good about this product is it doesn’t contain any parabens either, and only naturally derived ingredients are used.
- The ingredients listed in this product are all-natural, organic, and high quality. It gives the pet owners the assurance that it’ll help in cleaning the fur effectively in a very gentle way.
- Pets with dry and itchy skin will find this variant soothing. All thanks to the unique combination of shea butter, aloe, oatmeal, and natural oils. Prepare to see your pet with a glossier coat!
- Due to the fact that there aren’t soaps used in this product, it’s 100% tear-free.
- Easy to lather up, and rinsing has never been more convenient.
- It’s ideal for vegans, made in the US, and definitely recyclable.
As compared to other best dog shampoos available on the market, this one is on the expensive side.
Though, considering the fact that you’ll still get a lot of product for your money’s worth, you can say it isn’t that bad at all. Also, for those who are in search of a dog shampoo that has a strong fragrance, then this one is not for you since it’s very subtle.
Why It’s Recommended
It’s a 2-in-1 product that provides a complete bathing experience for your lovable pet. Since it only contains the best, natural ingredients there is, you’ll have the assurance that it’s gentle, yet effective for cleaning your pet.
Last, but definitely not least would be the SynergyLabs Veterinary Formula Triple Strength Dirty Dog Shampoo. It’s best known for its deodorizing qualities, and this formulation stands out amongst other variants mainly because of its heavy-duty action for cleaning dirty dogs.
Unlike other dog shampoos available in the market, this one isn’t packed with chemicals that are usually harmful to your pet. Instead, it contains the following:
- Glycerine, tetrasodium, DMDM, fragrances, and EDTA
- Vitamin E, shea butter, aloe vera, and wheat protein: These ingredients work best in protecting the coat.
Being a dog shampoo specifically made for a thorough cleaning, it has three times the number of active cleansers than its competitors. This gives the assurance that the dirt is dealt with effectively.
- It has a ‘dirt’ repel formula.
- The scent is quite subtle, but refreshing at the same time.
- It lathers easily, and a little goes a long way.
- The natural ingredients, such as wheat protein, shea butter, and aloe vera helps in restoring the skin’s moisture.
Some owners have complained that the fresh smell it gives isn’t really long-lasting, and it only sticks for a few hours.
Should We Recommend It?
We can say that the SynergyLabs Veterinary Formula Triple Strength Dirty Dog Shampoo is perfect for dirty dogs. It does its job when it comes to thorough cleaning, but it’s not too harsh on the skin either.
There you have it, these are just some of the best dog shampoos you can try.
If you’re thinking of replacing your old shampoo with a new one, or you’re just not satisfied with the one you’re currently using, then try some of the shampoos mentioned above.
If you have specific question about your dog, please leave a comment below.